Today is a SUPER exciting day here, as I get to introduce everyone to our new associate photographer, Chrystal! I have known her for several years and have enjoyed watching her grow up and mature into a lovely, hard-working and talented lady. I knew in my heart that she was exactly the kind of person that I’d like to train to shoot with me and so when she returned to the area to finish college I basically kidnapped her and begged her to help out (true story.) She had second-shot a dozen or so weddings before starting to work with me last fall, so when she started assisting she was already ahead of the curve. Since then, she has quickly grown from a trusty assistant to a third shooter and now my steady second shooter for weddings. You could say we’re kind of going steady… Only in a totally professional, non-creepy way…In addition to weddings, she’s assisted me on multiple commercial shoots and portrait sessions and I’m proud to say she’s more than just a pretty lighting model. Although she is pretty cute, as evidenced by this shot I snagged while getting set up for a headshot session one day.Other special powers include:
* All kids not only adore her, they listen to her.
* The ability to tame a group of wily groomsmen and get them where they need to be on time.
* Moving heavy furniture without breaking a sweat.
* Rocking the dance floor and looking cool doing it. (If you’re lucky she’ll even sing to you.)
* Staying calm and collected on the craziest of days.
* Always having the perfect thing to say when you need a little bit of encouragement or inspiration.
* An innate skill at finding things. Like my phone. And my keys. And my cameras… As if all that wasn’t enough, she’s become quite the competent shooter. (And her top knots are always perfect, even in the rain!)Here are a few images she captured during a recent maternity session we had together.Chrystal will be available for family photo sessions in the Panama City Beach/30A area this summer, so if you’d like to get on her calendar then please contact us for availability! Please also be sure to wave and tell her how awesome she is if you see her around shooting! She has no idea I’m doing this, so maybe all your kind words will keep her from beating me up. 😉 Have a great week!